27 12 2018
The intense flavour of buckwheat pairs well with the vegetables in this salad! Serve at a BBQ alongside roasted meat or as a meal on its own.
Buckwheat is best when soaked in cold water for an hour or so before cooking and then rinsed well. This prevents it from becoming sticky with cooking.
Despite the name buckwheat is gluten free and is a good source of fibre and minerals.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking and soaking time: 2 hours
- 1 cup Pams Superfoods Buckwheat
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 1-2 beetroot, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 small parsnip, cut into sticks
- 1 large carrot, cut into batons
- Large handful chopped pumpkin
- Large handful chopped kumara
- Large handful Pams Mediterranean Rocket Leaves
- ¼ cup Pams White Wine Vinaigrette
- Place the buckwheat in a bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside for 1 hour and then rinse thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the buckwheat for 10 minutes. Drain well and then transfer to a shallow dish to cool.
- Pour the oil into a roasting dish and cook the beetroot for 15 minutes before adding the remaining vegetables. Cook for 45 minutes or until well coloured and tender.
- Add the buckwheat to the pan for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Arrange the rocket in a shallow serving platter and top with vegetables and buckwheat.
- Drizzle with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 Servings.