13 6 2019
Our dumpling soup really is too easy - it requires little effort and few extra ingredients. You can throw whatever vegetables you prefer into the soup fresh or frozen making this an ideal midweek meal.
Tip: To create an authentic Chinese style broth add a few star anise into your broth while simmering.
Tip: To make this recipe vegetarian swap out Pams chicken stock for Pams Vegetable stock and use Pams vegetable dumplings
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 1 packet 16 Pams dumplings (we used Pams pork and prawn dumplings)
- 1 litre Pams Chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of Pams Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic pealed and roughly chopped
- 4 cm piece of fresh ginger roughly chopped
- 2 cups of frozen Pams Asian stir fry Vegetables
- In a medium saucepan fry off the ginger and garlic in a small amount of oil under golden.
- Add the soy sauce and chicken stock and let simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes allowing the broth to infuse.
- Remove the ginger and garlic by draining the broth and return to high heat.
- Place dumplings into broth and let them boil for 3 minutes.
- When dumplings start rising to the top of the broth add frozen vegetables cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Divide soup and dumplings between 2 bowls and serve with your favourite Asian toppings such as spring onion, coriander and chilli.
Makes 2 Servings.