3 6 2020
Cheese and potato would have to be two of the most loved comfort foods. Combined with our crispy panko crumbs and fried to golden deliciousness, we think we’re onto a winner with our croquettes!
Tip: Use our recipe as a base for endless croquette options! Tasty options to add include sliced spring onions, Pams Frozen Peas, or even some sliced and cooked Pams Streaky Bacon!
Tip: We love serving our potato croquettes with Pams Finest Chipotle Buttermilk Ranch Dressing as a delicious dipping sauce.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag Pams Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups Pams Grated Tasty Cheese
- 2 Pams Free Range Eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pams Pure Plain Flour
- 2 cups Pams Panko Crumbs
- Heat the mashed potatoes as per packet instructions and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, mix the egg yolks and cheese through the potato until well combined.
- Roll the mash mix into small logs, using roughly 3 tablespoons of the mixture. Place the croquettes in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the flour with some salt and pepper in a bowl. In a second bowl, beat the eggs with ¼ cup of water. In a third bowl, add the panko crumbs.
- Dip each potato log in flour, shaking off the excess, then into the egg mix, followed by the panko crumbs. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat enough vegetable oil in a pan to shallow fry the croquettes. Working in batches fry the croquettes, turning often, until golden brown and crisp. This should take 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels before serving.
Makes 20 croquettes