17 4 2019
These meat-free burgers are easy, delicious and filled with protein thanks to Pams Chickpeas! To make these patties vegan simply remove the egg and half of the breadcrumbs – without egg they are more fragile so take care when cooking them.
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 400g can Pams Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ Pams Organic Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon Pams Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Pams Ground Coriander
- 1 Pams Free Range Egg
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs (using Pams Bread of choice)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 4 Pams Finest Brioche Buns
- 2 tablespoons Pams Pesto
- 1-2 Pams Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Pams Mayonnaise
- Small handful basil and/or Pams Baby Rocket
- Place the chickpeas, onion, garlic, coriander leaves, cumin, coriander, and egg into the bowl of a food processor and process until well chopped but not smooth. Mix in the breadcrumbs and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and press into patties.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- While the patties are cooking, slice the brioche buns in half and toast until golden.
- Spread the base of each brioche with pesto and then top with a pattie.
- Add the tomato, dot with mayonnaise and add a few basil/rocket leaves.
- Cover with the brioche lid and serve!
Makes 4 Burgers.