Category: Sweet Treats
15 12 2020
The ultimate combo – pancakes AND donuts! These indulgent breakfast treats are super simple to make and will be a hit with the whole family.
Tip: Test the heat of the oil by dropping a small blob of batter into the pot and see if bubbles appear.
Tip: Serve your donuts with a side of Pams Strawberry Jam, Pams Whipped Cream or a bowl of Pams Finest Maple Syrup for dipping.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 bottle Pams Pancake Mix
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 1 Free Range Pams Egg
- 2 tsps Pams Vanilla Essence
- 5 tsp Pams Ground Cinnamon
- 2 litres of Pams Canola Oil (for deep frying)
- Pour the pancake mix into a medium mixing bowl. Add ¼ cup caster sugar and stir to combine.
- Add the egg, vanilla and ¾ cup water and whisk until the batter is smooth and lump free. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon, mix well and set aside.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large saucepan or high-sided fry pan over medium-high heat to deep fry the donuts.
- Working in batches, drop heaped tablespoons of the donut batter into the hot oil. Fry the donuts for 4-5 minutes, flipping occasionally until they are a deep golden brown all over.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the donuts from the oil and place on a large plate lined with paper towels.
- While the donuts are still warm, drop them into the cinnamon and sugar mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 doughnuts