29 3 2019
Jazz up your entertaining platter with some homemade feijoa chutney, guaranteed to impress your friends and family! This chutney is delicious paired with cheese and crackers or spread into a rustic sandwich. It will last for months if stored properly.
Ready in: 3 hours
- 1.5 kg feijoas, peeled and chopped
- 2 large green apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 ½ large Pams Organic Brown Onions, finely sliced
1 cup Value Raisins
- 1 litre (4 cups) Pams Malt Vinegar
- 3 ¾ cups (750g) lightly packed Pams Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain salt
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
3 teaspoons Pams Mixed Spice
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring at times, until the mixture is thick and brown. This could take up to 2 ½ hours.
- Pour the chutney into sterilised jars and seal.
- Store jars in the pantry but refrigerate once opened.
Makes 8 x 250ml (approx) jars.