12 8 2020
Fettuccine alla Norma is an Italian eggplant dish, traditionally from the Sicily region. Our recipe is super simple to throw together and tastes great, making it the perfect weeknight meal!
Tip: Finish your pasta dish with a handful of grated parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
Tip: Make this vegetarian dish vegan by swapping out the fettuccine for your favourite egg-free pasta – easy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 eggplants, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 tub Pams Finest Bruschetta with Olives & Capers
- 3 cloves Pams Garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Pams Crushed Chilli
- 1 tin Pams Diced Italian Basil & Oregano Tomatoes
- 1 pack Pams Fresh Fettuccine
- Mix the eggplant with a good lug of olive oil, season well with salt and pepper, then toss to evenly coat the eggplant.
- Fry the eggplant in a single layer for 5 minutes over a medium heat, or until softened and golden, stirring occasionally. If your frying pan is on the smaller side, you may need to do this in batches.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the pan, fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the bruschetta mix.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until thick and glossy. Break up any chunks of tomatoes with a spoon for a smoother sauce.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the fettuccine as per packet instructions. Divide between 4 bowls and top with the sauce.
Makes 4 servings