Category: Main Meal
11 12 2019
Simple to prepare and serve, but super tasty, our butterflied turkey with honey roasted carrots will be the centrepiece of your Christmas table. Timing is everything, so start prepping your carrots half an hour before your turkey is due to come out - allowing the last 25 minutes of roast time to cook the carrots!
Tip: For extra freshness and colour add fresh pomegranate seeds & pistachios to the carrots before serving. For a truly spectacular dish, garnish with mint leaves, orange segments and dates.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1 Pams Finest Maple Orange Butterflied Turkey
- 2 packs Pams Carrot Batons
- ¼ Cup Pams Multifloral Honey
- Juice of half an orange
- Roast the turkey skin side up in a preheated oven at 160°C. After 45 minutes, turn the turkey and continue baking it skin side down for a further 45 minutes
- Flip the turkey (skin side up again) and cook for a final 15 minutes, until the skin goes golden.
- Lay the carrot batons out on a seperate roasting tray, toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Pop the tray in the oven with the turkey, 25 minutes before it’s due to come out (ten minutes before your final flip!)
- After 15 minutes, pull the carrots out, drizzle over the honey and orange juice, toss well and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve the roasted carrots around the turkey on a serving platter