17 4 2019
Much more than a soup, this hearty minestrone is a meal in a bowl. The flavours will develop over time, so it is often tastier the day after making – the perfect leftovers meal!
Ready in: 1 hour
- 2-3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 4 slices Pams Finest Streaky Bacon (Free Range and Dry Cured), roughly chopped
- 1 Pams Organic Red Onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 medium sized Pams Carrots, diced
- 2 sticks Pams Celery, sliced
- 1 litre (4 cups) Pams Vegetable Stock
- 2 cans Pams Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 2 medium Pams All Purpose Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 75g Pams Finest Mini Salami, sliced
- 1 large Pams Courgette, grated
- 1 can Pams Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the bacon, onion, garlic, carrots and celery for 10 minutes, stirring at times.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes until the potatoes are just tender.
- Add the salami, courgette and cannellini beans and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Taste the soup and add salt and pepper as needed (the bacon and stock may mean that you don’t need extra salt!).
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Makes 6 servings.