6 12 2018
The texture of couscous is ideal for stuffing mix, and our Pams Finest Moroccan Couscous has so much flavour that half the work is done for you!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 440ml boiling water
- 3 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 300g Pams Finest Moroccan Couscous
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped Pams Kalamata Greek Pitted Olives
- 4 slices Pams Finest Prosciutto Crudo, chopped
- 1 leg of lamb, tunnel boned to a carvery cut
- Pour the boiling water and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into a bowl. Sprinkle over the couscous and stir to combine. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan and gently cook the onion for 10 minutes until soft.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and then mix in the onion, lemon zest, olives and prosciutto. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spoon the couscous into the lamb cavity left from the bone and then using kitchen string, tie in approximately 3 places along the meat to hold the lamb in shape and keep the stuffing in.
- Place the lamb in a roasting dish, drizzle remaining olive oil over the lamb and then season with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 ½ hours.
- While the lamb is cooking spoon the remainder of the couscous into halved capsicums, seeds removed (you could also stuff eggplants or hollowed courgettes!).
- Place the capsicums around the lamb about half way through cooking.
- Allow the cooked lamb to rest for 15 minutes and then remove the string and slice.
Makes 8 Servings