24 4 2020
Nothing beats the sweet taste of ANZAC bikkies at this time of year. Our recipe uses oats both in the traditional way, but also as the flour component if you’re short on plain flour.
Tip: If you prefer a crispy ANZAC biscuit, add an extra 1 tablespoons golden syrup and 25 grams of butter to the mix. Flatten the biscuits to make them as thin as possible to create the ultimate crunch!
Tip: Because of the oat flour, your biscuit mix will be crumblier than your typical biscuit dough, but don’t worry this is normal! The biscuits will come together nicely as they’re baked in the oven.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
- ⅓ cup Pams White Sugar
- 1 ¼ cup Pams Rolled Oats, put ½ cup aside to make flour
- ⅔ cup Pams Desiccated Coconut
- 50g Pams Butter
- 1 Tbsp Pams Golden Syrup
- ½ tsp Pams Baking Soda, dissolved into 2 Tbsp boiling water
- Make ½ cup of oat flour by whizzing up ½ cup of the oats in a food processor until you reach a flour texture.
- Mix the oat flour, sugar, rolled oats and coconut. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together, then stir in the baking soda and water mix. Quickly pour into the well in the dry ingredients, then mix to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to make even balls of dough, placing onto lined baking trays. Flatten gently with your hand.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes at 180°C, or until a deep golden colour. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes, before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 30 cookies