6 12 2018
This recipe makes enough loose stuffing for a large chicken (with extra) or a small turkey. Extra stuffing can simply be heated in a frying pan and served alongside the meat!
Tip: to help the stuffing bind together, add a whisked egg once all the other ingredients are mixed and the stuffing has cooled.
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 50g Pams Butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- ½ cup dried figs, roughly chopped
- 70g packet Pams Walnut Pieces, roughly chopped
- 70g Pams Finest Prosciutto Crudo, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 drops Pams Finest Thyme Extract Herb Drops
- 2 thick slices day old bakery bread, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 ½ cups Pams Dry Coarse Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Pams Chicken Stock
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and gently cook the onion, garlic and celery for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add the figs, walnuts, and prosciutto to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the parsley, thyme and bread cubes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring at times until the bread starts to colour.
- Stir through the breadcrumbs and chicken stock. Cook for a further 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Spoon the stuffing into a large chicken or small turkey and cook according to packet instructions.
- Set aside any excess stuffing and warm in a frying pan prior to serving.
Makes 4 ½ cups stuffing.