13 4 2020
The gooey centre is what makes this chocolate cake so delectable – so don’t be fooled into thinking it’s undercooked when you pull it from the oven! Don't expect an average looking chocolate cake either - with it's crispy sides and thinner size, our Swedish chocolate cake looks somewhat like a brownie!
Tip: Our cake recipe is designed to suit whatever you have in the pantry! Substitute regular flour with coconut flour, spelt flour, or even ground almonds! If you don’t have raw cacao, use standard Pams Cocoa Powder instead.
Tip: Serve with a dusting of icing sugar or some plain yoghurt.
Tip: If you decide to use a larger cake tin, cooking time will decrease and your cake will be slightly thinner.
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 18-20 minutes
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 2 Pams Free Range Eggs
- ½ cup Pams Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Pams Vanilla Essence
- ¼ cup Pams Superfoods Raw Cacao Powder + 1 Tbsp for dusting tin
- ½ cup Pams Plain Flour*
- Whisk the sugar and eggs until the mixture is pale yellow.
- Sift in the flour and cacao powder, then fold it into the egg mixture. Gently mix in the butter and vanilla essence.
- Grease and line an 18-20cm cake tin, then dust the remaining cocoa onto the bottom of your tin.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 18-20 minutes. Leave your cake to cool in the tin before turning it out.
*If you don't have plain flour on hand you can try: ¼ cup Pams Superfoods Coconut Flour or ⅔ cup Pams Ground Almonds or ½ cup Pams Superfoods Spelt Flour. Have you got other flour you want to try? Give it a go and let us know how it turns out! We recommend adding in a small amount at a time and stopping when the consistency is thick and sticky. Somewhere between 1/4 cup and 2/3 cup depending on absorbency of the flour.
Makes 8 servings