22 9 2018
This pizza base can also be made in a bread maker on the dough setting, although we think kneading dough by hand can be quite therapeutic!
- 1 ½ cups Pams Superfoods spelt flour
- ½ teaspoon Pams salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons Pams active yeast
- 1 teaspoon Pams honey
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons Pams tomato paste
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced into rings
- 12 Pams Finest frozen jumbo prawns, thawed
- 1 cup Pams grated Italian 3 cheese blend
- Large handful Pams baby rocket leaves
- 2 tablespoons Pams Finest sriracha mayonnaise
- Place the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the yeast and honey into the warm water and set aside for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Pour the yeast mixture along with the olive oil into the flour and mix well. Turn out and knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Rinse out the mixing bowl and brush with a little extra oil. Place the dough in the bowl, cover and set aside in a warm spot for 1 ½ hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out to form a 30cm disc. Place the disc on a baking tray or in a pizza tray, cover and let rest for a further 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the base, allowing for a 1cm edge around the outside.
- Arrange the onion slices over the base and then the prawns. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until the base and top are golden.
- Scatter with rocket leaves and serve with a swirl of sriracha mayonnaise.