8 3 2021
Our super easy Vegan Cream Cheese is the perfect dairy free alternative to the real thing. We love to eat it spread on freshly toasted bagels with spoonfuls of Pams Plum Jam.
Tip: Soak your cashews in cold water overnight in the fridge or for at least 30 minutes in boiling water. Hot tip - the longer you soak your cashew nuts, the creamier your cream cheese will be!
Tip: Put a savoury spin on your cream cheese by adding a handful of fresh herbs like chives, parsley or dill or a tsp of Pams Crushed Garlic – yum!
Prep time: 5 minutes + soaking time
Cook time: 0 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
- 2 70g packets of Pams Cashew Nuts, soaked overnight
- ½ cup Pams Coconut Milk
- 2 Pams Lemons, zest & juice
- 1 tbl Pams Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 plain bagels
- 6 tbsp Pams Plum Jam
- Place the cashews in a blender, food processor or bullet blender with the coconut milk, vinegar, lemon juice & zest and season with salt. Blend until it becomes smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula a few times, to ensure all the cashews get blended up into the mix.
- Spoon the cream cheese into a small bowl and place in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- Spread the cream cheese onto freshly toasted bagels and top with jam. Cream cheese can be stored in the fridge for up to five days.
Makes 1 cup of cream cheese