6 12 2018
This stuffing is perfect for serving alongside a Pams Finest butterflied turkey! The stuffing is cooked in muffin pans, so there is no need for a turkey cavity at all.
Ready in: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup Pams Basmati Rice
- ½ cup Pams Superfoods Wild Rice
- 2 tablespoons Pams Pure Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 4 slices Pams Finest Streaky Bacon, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Pams Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Pams Almonds, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg, lightly whisked (we recommend Pams Free Range)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook the Basmati rice according to packet instructions. Do the same for the wild rice.
- In a small frying pan heat the oil and gently cook the onion, celery and bacon for 10 minutes until the onion has softened.
- In a large bowl combine the rice, onion, celery, lemon zest and juice, cranberries, almonds and parsley. Add the egg and mix well.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush a 12-cup muffin pan with oil. Spoon the rice mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve stuffing alongside roast turkey or chicken.
Makes 12 stuffing muffins.