Festive Chicken Tray Bake
Turn the classic Kiwi roast chook up a notch this year, with our oh-so-easy festive tray bake! Take your chicken tray bake to the next level by adding a handful of fresh sage leaves before you put it in the oven.
Tips & Tricks
- The liquid left in the baking tray after cooking is a fantastic addition to the stuffing balls, put it aside ready for use in the next recipe!
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add a splash of oil or a knob of butter to a pan over medium-high heat and working in batches, sear the chicken skin side down until golden. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Add the sliced orange to the baking dish along with the carrots and onions.
- Mix the mustard, a dash of olive oil, the juice and zest from the remaining orange, and a dash of salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Roast in the oven at 180°C for 45 minutes, or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through and caramelised. Serve the tray bake straight from the roasting dish or transfer to a large serving platter.
- 2kg chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 Pams Carrots, chopped in batons
- 2 Pams Red Onions, sliced in thick rounds
- 2 Pams Oranges, 1 sliced, the other juiced and zested
- 3 Tbsp Pams Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 Pams Garlic Bulbs, cut in half