Foodstuffs Own Brands Limited (FOBL) is committed to protecting your privacy. We have robust systems in place to provide you with services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act).
The Services (as defined below) are intended for use by people located in New Zealand and are not intended for use by anyone located outside of New Zealand.
References to “FOBL”, “we” or “us” in this Privacy Notice means Foodstuffs Own Brands Limited and, where relevant, any of its related companies, including Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, Foodstuffs North Island Limited and Foodstuffs South Island Limited and their subsidiary companies (together, Foodstuffs).
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time and we will tell you about a change in the Privacy Notice by updating the “last updated” date on our website. Unless otherwise stated, any changes to the Privacy Notice will take effect immediately upon being placed on the website and your continued use of the Services will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Privacy Notice as amended.
1. APPLICATION OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice applies to any personal information that we collect when you interact with us, including when you:
- use FOBL’s website;
- participate in any competitions hosted on FOBL’s website and/or social media pages;
- send a query or complaint to FOBL’s website;
- register to receive regular marketing communications; and/or
- any other services we provide now or in the future, (together, the Services).
In the event of any inconsistency between this Privacy Notice and other policies or terms and conditions that may apply to your use of any of the Services, the terms of this Privacy Notice will prevail.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
From time to time we may collect or request personal information from you in the course of providing you, or by you accessing and using, the Services. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
3. WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information we may collect when you access and use the Services includes your name, postal and delivery address, email address, phone number and any other information that we request.
In addition, in the course of using some of the Services (for example, a competition hosted on the website), we may collect various other information from you, including demographic information (e.g. age, gender) and other information that we request.
You may register with FOBL to receive regular marketing communications from us, for example via email or text message. If you choose to register to receive regular marketing communications or to use any of the Services, you will need to provide us with certain personal information, which may include your name, age, postal address, email address, phone number and other requested information.
If you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all of the Services, including the marketing communications available after registration.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information in order to provide you with, and allow you to access and use, the Services.
By accessing and using the Services, or by registering to receive marketing communications, you agree that we may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
- To allow you to use the Services or receive marketing communications;
- To assist in providing the Services that you request, including to contact you about your use of the Services. For example, if you have entered a competition, we may contact you in relation to your entry or the outcome of the competition, or, if you made a query or complaint, we may contact you about your query or complaint;
- To allow you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available to FOBL’s customers from time to time;
- To contact you for other Foodstuffs’ marketing and promotional purposes;
- To take actions required to keep your information secure;
- To enhance your overall experience of the Services;
- To provide or send you targeted marketing (or allow a third party to provide you) via email, online (including social media) or physical mail, with details of special offers, discounts, prize draws, loyalty programmes, competitions and information about products or services offered by FOBL, or other third party providers, or other information that may be of interest to you, your family or household;
- Identify and determine the benefits, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you, your family or household based on your use of the Services;
- To undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis);
- To build a view of you as a customer by collating all personal information that FOBL, Foodstuffs, and our partners and service providers, hold about you, including collected via any Foodstuffs’ managed platforms or services, in a single profile, so that we can analyse and improve your experience and the services provided to you by FOBL;
- To conduct research related to your use of the Services; and
- Such other purpose we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Foodstuffs, our partners and service providers.
Where possible, FOBL will collect your personal information directly from you.
5. DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you with, or by you accessing and using, the Services, including where you register for an account to use the Services, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. By using one or all of the Services you agree that we may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to:
- a Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
- a franchisee of Foodstuffs;
- any relevant third party that offers goods or services that we think may be of interest to you;
- a third party outside of FOBL who is contracted to us (or Foodstuffs) to provide a particular service to you on our behalf;
- a third party outside of FOBL who is contracted to us (or Foodstuffs) to provide a particular service to us (or Foodstuffs); and third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above
6. COOKIES AND TRACKING
We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- track traffic patterns to and from the website;
- ensure any content (which may include any advertising) is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
- enable us to serve targeted advertising to you (on our website and elsewhere).
By using the Services you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the website.
7. ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various web and/or email analytics tools to collect information about your activity when you use the Services through our website. The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools may be information about you (e.g. products or services that you engage with on the website or competitions that you have entered) or anonymous information (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the website). By accessing and using our website, you consent to our use of such analytics tools to collect information about your access and use of the Services through our website.
8. DIRECT MARKETING AND CONSENT TO RECEIVING MESSAGES
When you register to receive marketing communications from us, your name and contact details will be added to our FOBL database (and/or a database of Foodstuffs), and you consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message, or physical mail (depending on what information you provide us and your stated preferences).
All electronic communications from us will contain an unsubscribe function if you no longer want to receive messages from us. You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from FOBL at any time by clicking the link in any email you receive from us through to your account and changing your account preferences, by unsubscribing from an email itself, or by contacting the specified FOBL email address (if applicable). To opt-out of receiving text messages from us, either reply ‘STOP’ to a text or update your account preference details. We will endeavour to update your account preferences as soon as possible. If you unsubscribe or cancel your registration we may not be able to provide you with all or some of the Services.
9. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is very important to us and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed, and it is your sole responsibility to protect access to any emails you receive from us that provide access to your account. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Foodstuffs will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
10. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be held by Foodstuffs Own Brands Limited at 35 Landing Drive, Mangere, Auckland, 2022 and/or by one or more of Foodstuffs' trusted data service providers. Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. To access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 245 114. We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date.
If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.
Last updated: April 2021