Slow Cooker Mexican Pork
Slow cookers are the busy cook’s best friend! Our Mexican pork takes only 15 minutes to prepare, then ten hours of hands-off slow cooking time – perfect! Serve with Pams Superfood Slaw and Pams Finest Brioche Buns for a full meal.
Tips & Tricks
- If you like a bit of spice, try adding some chilis or a handful of sliced jalapenos. Add one chilli for medium, two for medium-hot or three if you like things extra spicy!
- For a more authentic Mexican pork texture, crisp the pork up in a frying pan after cooking.
- Rub the taco mix over pork, then place in a slow cooker.
- Squeeze the juice of the oranges over the pork, then place the orange skins and the remaining ingredients on top. Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and let it cool slightly, it should be tender enough to shred. Shred using two forks to serve.
- 2 kg pork shoulder, fat and skin removed.
- 2 Pams Oranges
- 1 packet Pams Taco Mix
- 1 Pams Onion, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp Pams Crushed Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Pams Apple Cider Vinegar