20 11 2018
These mini tarts look fancy but are easy to make! Each of the 3 components can be made a few hours in advance before serving and assembled as you need them.
Tip: Chill the pastry in the freezer before baking to stop it from shrinking and prick the base with a fork to help keep the pastry flat in the pan.
- 1 cup Pams Fruit Cake Mix
- ½ cup dark rum
- ¾ cup Pams Cream
- 200g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate Block, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ sheets Pams Sweet Short Crust Pastry
- 1 teaspoon Pams Finest Vanilla Extract
- Combine the fruit cake mix and rum together in a small bowl. Cover and set aside for at least a few hours.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. When almost boiling, remove from the heat and add the chocolate and vanilla. Set aside for a few minutes and then gently stir until smooth. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- Using a cookie cutter cut discs of pastry approximately 6cm in diameter. Press these into mini muffin tins and prick with a fork. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the pastry cases for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Place onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve: spoon some of the fruitcake mix into the base of each tart shell and top with a dollop of chocolate ganache.