Cheat's Plum & Cardamom Brûlée Tart
Our hassle-free tart not only looks stunning and tastes amazing – it’s also super easy! Try switching it up with our Pams Finest Rum Custard if it's more to your liking.
Tips & Tricks
- Make this beautiful tart even more gorgeous by decorating with edible flowers or petals.
- Make the tart the day before and decorate with the toffee shards just before serving to give yourself more time on the day.
- Use the pastry sheets to line a standard size tart tin, trimming away any excess, then prick all over with a fork. Chill in the fridge briefly.
- Drain the plums, removing any pits, place on a lined braking tray and sprinkle with the cardamom.
- Remove the tart shell from fridge, then place a piece of baking paper over the top. Fill with rice, dried beans or baking weights to blind bake. Place the pastry and the plums in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. If the pastry is browning too quickly, cover with a bit of tin foil.
- Meanwhile, make your toffee shards. Line a baking tray with foil, then mix the sugar and 4 tablespoons of water in a pot over a very low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Once dissolved, stop stirring and increase the heat to medium-high, simmering until golden. Pour onto the tray, tipping to spread the toffee thinly, before setting aside to cool completely. Once cooled, break into shards.
- Place the tart shell onto your serving platter and press a layer of plums into the bottom. Fill to the top with the custard. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve, then decorate with leftover plums and the toffee shards.
- 2 sheets Pams Sweet Short Crust Pastry, defrosted
- 1 tin Pams Black Doris Plums
- 1 tub Pams Finest Coconut Vanilla Custard
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- ¾ cup Pams Caster Sugar