Festive Couscous Salad
A vibrant and flavoursome salad with all the Christmas colours, this is the perfect side for a burst of freshness.
Tips & Tricks
- Add some dried stock powder to the couscous cooking water for extra flavour.
- Quickly pickle your onions for a burst of colour and extra flavour. Add the sliced red onion to a small pot with some Pams White Vinegar and a few tablespoons of Pams Brown Sugar and simmer for five minutes before stirring through the salad.
- Pour the couscous into a bowl with 2 ½ cups of boiling water, a dash of olive oil and some salt & pepper. Cover with a lid or cling film and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff up with a fork. Spread out on a flat tray to cool.
- Place the cooled couscous into a large serving bowl, douse generously with olive oil and season well. Mix through the carrot, orange, pomegranate, red onion and mint.
- 1 bag Pams Couscous 500g
- 4 Tbsp pomegranate seeds/arils
- 3 Pams Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Pams Red Onion, finely sliced into rings
- 2 Pams Oranges, sliced into small segments
- 1 handful mint, roughly torn