Kumara & Bacon Soup
Our Kumara & Bacon Soup is easy, tasty and the perfect winter warmer, great for an evening meal or to take to work as lunch. Serve with a dollop of cream and hot buttered pieces of toast
Tips & Tricks
- Jazz up our Kumara and bacon soup by topping with Kumara chips and crispy bacon. To make Kumara chips thinly slice Kumara, toss in a small amount of oil and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 10 minutes.
- Don’t cut off the fat from the bacon this has great flavour.
- Heat a large saucepan, pan fry onion and bacon in olive oil until the bacon changes colour, add garlic and kumara.
- Fill saucepan with stock, cover and cook for 25 minutes, until the kumara is soft and tender, then puree with a stick blender.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 6 large Pams Kumara roughly chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 packet Pams Streaky Bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 Litres Pams Chicken Stock, or enough to cover kumara