Mushroom & Lentil Stew
Our mushroom and lentil stew makes a warming, nutritious vegetarian dinner, and it’s made mostly from pantry staples! Our tinned mushrooms are a great backup to have on hand for those days you can’t make it to the supermarket. They give you the full, savoury flavour of mushrooms, without the effort of preparing them fresh.
Tips & Tricks
- To make a full meal, stir in a large handful of Pams Baby Spinach, top with crumbled Pams Finest Feta and serve on a bed of creamy Pams Original Mashed Potato.
- Prefer an extra kick in your stews? Spice things up with a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- Fry the onion, thyme and carrot in a lug of olive oil over medium heat. Continue cooking for around 5 minutes, or until the onion and carrots are softened.
- Add the mushrooms, season generously with salt and pepper, then continue to cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the lentils and stock, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- 1 400g tin Pams Sliced Mushrooms in Butter Sauce
- 2 tins Pams Brown Lentils, strained
- 1 large Pams Onion, finely diced
- 2 Pams Carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 ½ cups Pams Beef Stock
- 3 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, or 1 ½ Tbsp dried