10 9 2020
A galette is a delicious and simple dessert, made even easier to throw together using Pams Puff Pastry! Serve with a couple of scoops of Pams Finest Vanilla Ice Cream and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce – delish!
Tip: Try adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the butter mix for extra flavour.
Tip: Sprinkle the edges of the pastry with a tablespoon of Pams Raw Sugar just before it goes in the oven, for deliciously golden, crispy edges.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 sheet Pams Puff Pastry, thawed
- 4 apples, cored and cut in half
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Pams Apricot Jam
- ¼ cup Pams Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Pams Butter, melted
- 1 Pams Free Range Egg, whisked
- Lightly flour your bench and roll out your sheet of puff pastry to a 25cm by 25cm square. Trim the corners to make a large circle. Transfer the pastry to a lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork, then spread over 2 tablespoons of the jam.
- Very thinly slice your apples and arrange them on top of the pastry, overlapping them to make neat rows. Make sure you leave a 4cm border around the edge to tuck the pastry in later. If you have a mandolin slicer, use this to make the apple slicing a touch easier!
- Combine the remaining jam, brown sugar, and melted butter, then stir to combine. Spoon the mixture over the apples.
- Fold and tuck the pastry edges over the apples, then brush with the whisked egg.
- Bake for 40 minutes 200°C, or until the pastry is golden brown and the apples are tender.
Makes 4-6 servings