13 6 2019
Colder weather calls for richer and more decedent evening meals. Our version of this English classic celebrates the luxurious and tender fillet without the fuss. With these easily prepared individual portions you can enjoy Beef Wellington not only on special occasions.
Tip: For the perfect sides to the Beef Wellington stir a dollop of Pams Finest Mascarpone and Black Truffle cream sauce into a bowl of piping hot Pams Milk and Butter Frozen Mash. For some delicious greens, sauté Pams Fresh Spinach Leaves in a slither of butter until wilted and season with a generous pinch of nutmeg.
Tip: For a medium-rare finish leave meat in the freezer for an extra 25 minutes. Allow time for the Beef Wellington to rest after cooking to ensure the meat will be perfectly tender.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 1 packet of Pams Prime Beef Eye Fillet
- 1 packet of Pams Finest Prosciutto Crudo
- 4 sheets of Pams Flaky Puff Pastry
- 1 Pams Free Range Egg, whisked
- Pat the eye fillets dry with a paper towel. Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a very hot frying pan, sear the meat, turning regularly with tongs to ensure it's well-browned all over. Remove from the heat.
- Place 2 pieces of plastic wrap on the bench, then place 2 pieces of prosciutto side by side on each plastic wrap. Wrap the prosciutto around each fillet, then tightly wrap with the glad wrap and twist up the sides. Place in freezer for 20 minutes to chill.
- Take the fillets from the freezer and place each one on a sheet of pastry, place another sheet directly on top, sealing the edges. Neatly trim off excess pastry leaving a small fringe. Crimp down sides with a fork and brush with egg.
- Bake at 225C in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving with your favourite side dishes.
Makes 2 Servings