1 5 2020
Wanting to level up your standard baked beans? Or have a tin of beans in your pantry, but unsure how to use them? Our baked bean recipe is sure to have you wanting more! They’re super easy to make, incredibly tasty and easily customisable.
Tip: Crack in a few eggs or add Pams Streaky Bacon and serve with crusty bread for a more substantial meal.
Tip: Any kind of canned beans will work in this recipe; try chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans or even lentils!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Pams Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Pams BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 tins Pams Cannellini Beans
- 1 ½ cups Pams Tex Mex 3 Cheese Blend or Pams Italian 3 Cheese Blend.
- Fry the garlic in a lug of olive oil over a medium heat until its golden, around 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste and BBQ Sauce and fry for a further 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to prevent burning.
- Add the beans and water, then season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Transfer into an oven proof dish, sprinkle over the cheese and bake at 200°C for 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings