Category: Main Meal
16 6 2020
This versatile chicken pot pie is the perfect midweek meal. The ingredients can be changed to suit what’s in your kitchen - if you don’t have leeks, try swapping them for an onion, or if you only have peas or corn on hand, this can be subbed for the mixed veg.
Tip: Try adding a tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme to your pie mix for extra flavour.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 400g Pams Free Range Chicken Thighs, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 400g tin Pams Sliced Mushrooms
- 3 cups Pams Frozen Leeks
- 2 cups Pams Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 sheets Pams Puff Pastry
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- Cook the leeks in a knob of butter, until defrosted and all excess water has evaporated. Add the chicken, season well with salt and pepper, then cook for 7 minutes, or until the chicken is golden.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and sour cream, simmering for a further 5 to 8 minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
- Spoon the pie mixture into 4 small bowls or one family sized pie dish, then top with the puff pastry. Bake for 20 minutes at 220°C
Makes 4 servings