27 12 2019
After eating this salad, you won’t be saying “salads are boring” ever again! The fragrant taste of the dukkah pairs beautifully with the sharpness of the citrus - making for a super special dish to bring to your next dinner party.
Tip: To make your salad really stand out, try adding as many variants of contrasting citrus as you can. Lemon, blood orange or ruby red grapefruit are all delicious additions. Dukkah can be made ahead of time and stored in a sealed container in your pantry for later.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 2 Pams Oranges
- 2 limes
- 1 bag Pams Baby Cos Lettuce
- ⅓ bag Pams Roasted and Salted Pistachios, de-shelled
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Lightly toast the pistachios, sesame seeds and cumin seeds over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the dukkah mix to a food processor or spice grinder with a sprinkle of salt and pulse until crumbled. Make sure you don’t turn the dukkah to dust - you’ll want some texture left.
- To cut the citrus, slice off both ends, sit flat and then working in a circular motion slice away the skin and white pith. Oranges and grapefruit should be cut into segments, and smaller citrus into round slices.
- Assemble the salad on a large serving platter, starting with a bed of cos leaves and layering with the citrus slices. Drizzle with a little Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil and top with the pistachio dukkah.
Makes 4 Servings