13 3 2020
Prawns are a delicious protein to have with any meal. Our crunchy coconut coating just makes them all the tastier!
Tip: Serve up alongside a dressed Pams Superfoods Super Slaw for a complete meal. To make the dressing, blitz the grated zest and juice from 1 lime, a bunch of coriander, 3 Tbsp of coconut milk, 1 Tbsp of sweet chilli sauce and 2 Tbsp of water - easy!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
● ¼ cup Pams Plain Flour
● 1 Pams Free Range Egg
● 1 cup Pams Desiccated Coconut
● 1 cup Pams Panko Crumbs
● 20 Pams Finest Jumbo Prawns, defrosted
1. Season the flour in a bowl with some salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg with ¼ cup water. In a third bowl, combine the coconut and panko crumbs.
2. Using paper towels, pat dry the jumbo prawns. Dip each one in flour, shaking off the excess, then dip in the egg mix, then into the crumb mix
3. In a large frying pan, heat enough vegetable oil to shallow fry the prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side over a medium heat until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Makes 4 servings