25 8 2020
Did you know you can use our Pams Sweet Short Crust Pastry to make tasty bikkies? Our Daffodil Day Biscuits are super easy to create and can be made to help support the Cancer Society this Daffodil Day.
Tip: Make your own daffodil stencil by gluing a picture of a daffodil to a piece of card and cutting carefully around the edges.
Tip: Once your icing is ready, cover it with a damp cloth to keep it from drying out.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pack Pams Sweet Short Crust Pastry, defrosted.
- 2 Pams Free Range Eggs, whites only
- 3 cups Pams Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp yellow food colouring
- ½ tsp red food colouring
- Using a cookie cutter, knife or scissors, cut flower shapes from the pastry and place on a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes, or until they’re lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk your egg whites and lemon juice until light and frothy. Gradually add your icing sugar 1 cup at a time, beating at a high speed until thick and shiny. If the icing’s too thick, mix in 1 teaspoon of cold water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Divide the icing evenly between two bowls. Mix 1 teaspoon of the yellow food colouring into one bowl, and the remaining yellow food colouring with the red food colouring into the other bowl.
- Fill your piping bag with the yellow icing. Carefully pipe around the outside edge of your biscuits to create an outline for your flower, then fill in the centre. Leave the biscuits to set.
- When the icing has set, fill your clean piping bag with the orange icing. Pipe a star shape in the centre of your biscuit to create the centre of the daffodils.
Makes 20 biscuits