28 11 2019
Pavlova is a Kiwi Christmas staple, but there are many ways to mix up this classic! Our meringue stack is super simple to put together but is sure to leave a lasting impression.
Tip: For a more elaborate stack, divide two punnets of raspberries on each layer before garnishing with fresh mint leaves.
Tip: Serve your stack with a decadent plum sauce to pousr over. Combine the liquid from the tin of plums with two tablespoons of caster sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and reduce the liquid by half before mixing in a cornflour slurry (two teaspoons of cornflour with one tablespoon of water). Whisk to thicken, then set aside to cool before placing in the fridge.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tin Pams Whole Black Doris Plums, sliced in half, pits removed
- 125g Pams Finest Dark Chocolate Block, roughly chopped
- 400mls Pams Cream
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 2 Packets Pams Meringue Discs
- Whisk together the cream and mascarpone until thickened.
- Make your meringue stack just before serving. Put a small dollop of cream on your serving platter and top with a meringue disc (this helps hold it in place).
- Use a spatula to smear a quarter of the cream on the disc before topping with a quarter of the plums and sprinkle of chocolate. Repeat this step three more times, layering cream and plums on each meringue disc as you go.
- After completing the top layer, sprinkle with the remaining chocolate.
Makes 8 servings.