24 2 2020
Don't call the local takeaway for your crispy duck pancake craving, our recipe is super simple to make - and healthier too!
Tip: Serve with sliced spring onions for a truly tasty pancake.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes + Duck Cook Time
- Pams Finest Peking Spiced Duck, cooked as per packet directions
- 2 cups Pams High Grade Flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ Pams Cucumber, sliced into small sticks
- Hoisin sauce to serve
Pour the flour into a bowl, then stir in the boiling water. When the mixture is cool enough to handle, knead for five to ten minutes, or until the dough is smooth. If the mixture feels too dry, add up to 20ml of cold water.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal portions and roll into individual balls.
- Brush oil on the surface of your first portion, then overlay with another portion. Roll the two pieces together to create two pancakes on top of each other - make them around 3mm thick. Combining two pieces of pancake dough together will help you achieve an extra thin, extra soft pancake.
- Brush a small layer of oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry for about twenty seconds each side, or until cooked but not browned.
- Peel the two pancakes apart while the pancakes are still warm. Serve with duck, hoisin sauce and cucumber.
Makes 5 servings.