18 11 2020
A vibrant and flavoursome salad with all the Christmas colours, this is the perfect side for a burst of freshness.
Tip: Add some dried stock powder to the couscous cooking water for extra flavour.
Tip: Quickly pickle your onions for a burst of colour and extra flavour. Add the sliced red onion to a small pot with some Pams White Vinegar and a few tablespoons of Pams Brown Sugar and simmer for five minutes before stirring through the salad.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 bag Pams Couscous 500g
- 4 Tbsp pomegranate seeds/arils
- 3 Pams Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Pams Red Onion, finely sliced into rings
- 2 Pams Oranges, sliced into small segments
- 1 handful mint, roughly torn
- Pour the couscous into a bowl with 2 ½ cups of boiling water, a dash of olive oil and some salt & pepper. Cover with a lid or cling film and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff up with a fork. Spread out on a flat tray to cool.
- Place the cooled couscous into a large serving bowl, douse generously with olive oil and season well. Mix through the carrot, orange, pomegranate, red onion and mint.
Makes 10 side servings as part of the Pams Feasting on Kiwi Favourites Christmas menu