20 11 2018
There’s already something special about an ice cream sandwich, but we’ve dialed up the festivity by incorporating fruit, nuts and rum!
Tip: The festive ice cream can be easily made ahead of time, ready to put together when you need them. For an alternative to sandwiches, freeze the ice cream in a lined loaf tin, turn out and serve garnished with nuts and fruit for a decadent dessert.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Set time: 7 hours
- ¾ cup Pams Fruit Cake Mix
- ½ cup rum or any other liqueur
- 1.5 litres Pams French Vanilla Frozen Dairy Dessert
- 1 70g packet Pams Sliced Almonds, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup Pams Pistachio Nuts, roughly chopped
- 12 large shortbread or ginger biscuits (approximately 8cm in diameter)
- Combine the fruit cake mix and rum in a small bowl and set aside for several hours.
- Once the fruit is infused, soften the ice cream and stir in the fruit mix and nuts.
- Return the ice cream to a sealable plastic container, cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Spread half of the biscuits with a generous layer of ice cream. Sandwich with remaining biscuits and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
Makes 6 servings