20 11 2018
The festive ice cream can be easily made ahead of time, ready to put together when you need them. For an alternative to sandwiches, freeze the ice cream in a lined loaf tin, turn out and serve garnished with nuts and fruit for a decadent dessert.
- ¾ cup Pams Fruit Cake Mix
- ½ cup rum or any other liqueur
- 5 litres Pams French Vanilla Frozen Dairy Dessert
- 70g packet Pams Sliced Almonds, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 12 large shortbread or ginger biscuits (approximately 8cm in diameter)
- Combine the fruit cake mix and rum in a small bowl and set aside for several hours.
- Soften the ice cream in a large bowl. Mix in the fruit cake mix and nuts.
- Return the ice cream to a sealable plastic container, cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Spread 6 large shortbread or ginger biscuits with a generous layer of ice cream. Sandwich with remaining biscuits.
- Return to the freezer until ready to serve.