7 9 2020
Our Greek-inspired pita bread nachos are a delicious Mediterranean take on the Mexican classic. Perfect for a midweek family dinner, or as a platter of nibbles at your next dinner party or potluck. If you don’t have any lamb mince, beef will work great too, or even a tin of Pams Brown Lentils for your vegetarian guests!
Tip: Take your nachos to the next level by whipping up some tzatziki to dollop on top. Mix 1 cup of Greek yoghurt with half a finely diced cucumber, the juice of a lemon and a handful of chopped mint, before seasoning with salt and pepper.
Tip: For extra flavour, sprinkle over some roughly chopped fresh mint and sliced red chillies.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 packet Pams Garlic Pita Bread, each cut into 8 triangles
- 1 cup of Pams Diced Onion (or 1 brown onion, diced)
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tin Pams Tomatoes with Garlic and Oregano
- ¼ cup Pams Greek Kalamata Olives, sliced
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add the lamb mince, season well with salt and pepper, and cook until browned. Once browned, add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until reduced.
- Meanwhile, brush the pita bread triangles with a little oil and bake in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- To serve, spread the pita chips on a plate, then top with the mince mixture, olives, and feta.
Makes 4 servings