3 11 2020
Who knew 6 simple ingredients could create such a flavour explosion! Our skewers are the perfect BBQ treat to share with friends and family as the weather warms up.
Tip: Prefer your asparagus a touch more tender? Blanch it for two minutes in boiling water before making the skewers.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 2 bunches Pams Asparagus
- 1 250g packet Pams Streaky Bacon
- ¼ cup Pams Walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Pams Butter
- 1 Pams Lemon, zest & juice
- 1 handful grated parmesan
- Cut the woody bottom off the asparagus, discard, then chop the remainder into thirds. Slice the bacon rashers in half.
- Make a bundle of 2 to 3 pieces of asparagus, then tightly wrap a piece of bacon around. Repeat with the remaining asparagus and bacon.
- Thread three bundles onto a Pams Bamboo Skewer, repeating until all bundles have been threaded.
- Gently toast the walnuts over a medium heat until golden brown. Remove from the heat, adding the butter and the lemon juice and zest. Stir to combine, allowing the residual heat to melt the butter.
- Cook the skewers on a hot BBQ, for 2 – 4 minutes each side, or until you reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Serve the skewers doused with the walnut and lemon butter, season and finish with the grated parmesan.
Makes 6 skewers