20 3 2020
Hot cross buns are a tasty Easter treat - and French toast makes a delicious breakfast. But have you ever put them together? Our twist on these two classics is the perfect indulgent brunch this Easter.
Tip: Serve with crispy Pams Streaky Bacon, Pams Black Doris Plums and a drizzle of Pams Finest Maple Syrup for the ultimate flavour combo.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
● 6 hot cross buns, sliced in half
● 3 Pams Free Range Eggs
● ¼ cup milk
● Zest and juice of one orange
● 1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a shallow dish, whisk together all ingredients, except for the buns.
2. Dip the hot cross buns into the egg mixture to soak through on both sides.
3. In a non-stick frying pan, cook hot cross buns in a dollop of butter over medium heat, until golden brown. Flip to cook both sides.
Makes 6 servings