13 6 2019
Our Kumara & Bacon Soup is easy, tasty and the perfect winter warmer, great for an evening meal or to take to work as lunch.
Tip: Don’t cut off the fat from the bacon this has great flavour.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 6 large Pams Kumara roughly chopped
- 1 Brown onion roughly chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic roughly chopped
- 10 rashers of Pams Streaky Bacon, fried and chopped, plus the residual fat
- 5 cups of Pams Chicken Stock
- Heat a large saucepan and fry the onion & kumara in olive oil until the onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add the garlic and bacon and cook until garlic starts change colour.
- Add the stock cook for 15 minutes, until the kumara is soft and tender, then puree with a stick blender.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Serve with hot buttered pieces of toast
Makes 4-6 Servings.