4 10 2019
There’s something fun about fritters. They’re quick and easy to make, and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For a twist on traditional corn fritters, our new Frozen Sliced Leek is the perfect addition. Serve with your favourite condiments – we love them with our streaky bacon, fresh guacamole, sweet chilli and sour cream.
Tip: Don't have any self raising flour? Why not substitute for a gluten free flour or spelt flour. Simply add 1 tsp of baking powder to your flour of choice.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 packet Pams Frozen Sliced Leek
- 1 tin Pams Cream Style Corn
- 1 tin Pams Whole Corn Kernels, drained
- 2 Pams Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Pams Self Raising Flour
- Defrost the frozen leeks in a sieve under hot running water, then shake off as much of the water as possible.
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs, flour, corn and leek. Mix well.
- Heat 1 – 2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Place a spoonful of the corn fritter mixture into the pan. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter.
- Flip and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until the fritters are golden and cooked through. It may be necessary to add extra oil to the pan during cooking.
Makes 12 fritters.