21 9 2020
Our delicious, buttery lemon cake takes no time at all to whip up, and it’s perfect to use up the last of the fruit on your lemon tree!
Tip: Create a lemon drizzle for your cake by dissolving ½ cup of icing sugar into 2-3 tablespoons of boiling water, then adding the juice of 1 lemon. Spoon the runny topping onto your cake while still hot.
Tip: This recipe also works in a larger cake tin, just make sure to check it at the 25-minute mark as it will be a thinner cake and take less time to cook.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Pams Standard Flour
- 3 tsp Pams Baking Powder
- Juice and zest of 1 Pams Lemon
- 180g Pams Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 4 Pams Free Range Eggs
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter for 2 minutes until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to beat until creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating until well combined. Stir through the lemon juice and zest.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 20cm cake tin, then bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the tin until cooled before turning out to serve.
Makes 8 servings