Category: Main Meal
22 10 2020
You’ve just found your next weeknight favourite with our melt in the mouth skewers that are brimming with flavour! Turn these into a full meal by serving with a side of Pams Jasmine Rice and a quick carrot salad using Pams Shredded Carrots, mint, sesame seeds and lime juice. Or, dish them up as appetisers at your next gathering!
Tip: If you can’t get your hands on fresh lemon grass, substitute the lemongrass in the chicken mix for 2 teaspoons of lemongrass paste or 2 tablespoons of lemon grass from the jar. Skewer the chicken with Pams Bamboo Skewers to present.
Tip: Instead of pan frying, try placing your skewers on a lined baking tray in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 450g packet Pams Free Range Chicken Mince
- 8-10 stalks lemongrass
- 2 tsp Pams Crushed Garlic
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp Pams Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 2 Pams Shallots, finely diced
- Using the back of a knife handle or a large wooden spoon, pummel 2 of the lemongrass stalks until they begin to bruise and break apart. Use a sharp knife to chop the lemongrass very finely into tiny pieces.
- Mix the chopped lemongrass, garlic, fish sauce, sweet chilli and shallots into the chicken mince, then place the mix in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Select your lemongrass skewers, some very thick stalks may need to be cut in half lengthways. Remove the chicken from the freezer. Roll the mince into balls, then wrap around the lemongrass stalks, leaving enough space at the bottom for holding room.
- Brush the skewers with a little oil, then fry over a medium-high heat until golden and caramelised on all sides. Check the inside of your skewer to test if the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
Makes 6-8 skewers