Category: Main Meal
8 7 2019
Turn tonight’s dinner into a showstopper with these impressive-looking and delicious-tasting pies. Best of all, they’re super simple to make. Great served with Pams Frozen Peas.
Tip: For rich, golden, flaky pie crust try brushing the pastry with a beaten egg or milk before baking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 sheets Pams Puff Pastry (defrosted)
- 1 packet Pams Finest Massaman Lamb Shanks
- 2 Pams Agria Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 tin Pams Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Pams Smooth Peanut Butter
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, add the potatoes and lamb shanks (leave them in the sealed bag). Boil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the onions in a large saucepan with some olive oil. Add the coconut milk and peanut butter. Stir well, ensuring all the peanut butter has combined through the mixture.
- Remove the lamb shanks from the boiling water and drain potatoes. Add potatoes to frying pan. Drain the sauce from lamb shank bag into frying pan, stirring into potato sauce, then carefully add the lamb shanks as well.
- Divide the pie mix and lamb shanks into two single-serve oven proof bowls, with the bone standing directly up.
- Use the pastry to create lids for your pies, making sure there’s a hole in the top for the lamb shanks, then bake in the oven (220° fan bake) for ten minutes before serving.
Makes 2 servings.