18 11 2020
These little bites of salmon-y goodness not only taste amazing – they look great too! The best part? You can prep the day before saving you precious time on Christmas day.
Tip: Save yourself time on the big day by making the tart bases ahead of time, then finish the filling the next day before serving.
Tip: For extra flavour hit, mix three teaspoons of horseradish to the yoghurt mixture, and finish the tarts with a sprinkle of fresh dill.
Tip: Switch up your mini tartlets by substituting the salmon for your favourite vege combo! We love cucumber & fennel or cherry tomato & basil!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 sheets Pams Puff Pastry
- 5 Tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 small Pams Lemon, zested and sliced into thin wedges
- 100g packet Pams Sliced Smoked Salmon, cut into long thin strips
- 1 small Pams Red Onion, finely diced
- 5 tsp Pams Moroccan Capers
- Using a round biscuit cutter about 6cm in diameter, cut circles out of the pastry. Place the cut-outs on a lined baking tray, then bake for 15 minutes at 200°C.
- When ready to serve, use the back of a teaspoon to crack the top of the tart shells, making a little round nest for the filling.
- Mix the yoghurt and lemon zest together, and season with salt and pepper. Spoon a little of the yoghurt mixture into the base of each tart.
- Roll the salmon strips into little rose shapes and nestle on top of the yoghurt in the tart. Garnish with a thin lemon slice, some red onion and a few capers.
Makes 18 tartlets as part of the Pams Feasting on Kiwi Favourites Christmas menu