Category: Main Meal
18 11 2020
Our tasty, flaky Wellington makes the perfect centre piece for your festive feast! Served with our other tasty meals even your meat-eating guests will love this one!
Tip: Take your Wellington to the next level by adding 2 teaspoons of Pams Crushed Garlic and a small handful of chopped fresh thyme to the onion & kale mix.
Tip: Give your Mushroom Wellington a festive edge by cutting Christmas-themed shapes with extra pastry (like holly leaves) to decorate the top, and finish with an egg wash.
Prep time: 30 minutes + cooling time
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 kg red or golden kumara
- 2 packets Pams Button Mushrooms
- 1 Pams Red Onion, diced
- 1 bag Pams Baby Kale, roughly chopped
- 3 sheets Pams Puff Pastry
- 3 Tbsp Pams Whole Grain Mustard
- Prick the kumara with a fork and place on a large baking tray along with the mushrooms, drizzle with olive oil and season well. Place in the oven to bake at 200°C. Remove the mushrooms after 12 minutes. Continue baking the kumara for a further 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Sauté the red onion in some olive oil for 4 minutes, add the kale, season, and cook for a further minute, before removing from heat. Stir in the whole grain mustard.
- Peel the skin off the kumara, season well, then mash. Mix the onion and kale mix through the mashed kumara.
- On a large piece of baking paper, join together two whole pieces of puff pastry. Cut the last piece in half and join to the top of your rectangle to create a large square that fits onto your baking tray.
- Spread the kumara mix onto the pastry sheet, ensuring to leave space for the ends and sides to seal. Place the mushrooms in two rows from one end to the other, leaving a space either side for the kumara mix to encase the mushrooms when the pastry’s rolled. Roll the side up over the filling, sealing the edge with a fork to crimp down the ends.
- Brush with some milk, or egg wash, and bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until pastry in golden.
Makes 10 servings as part of the Pams Feasting on Kiwi Favourites Christmas menuYouTube