29 7 2019
Our risotto is packed full of flavour and goodness – and best of all, it can be whipped up within half an hour! The red wine adds a delicious rich element to the dish, but this can be swapped out for an extra ¼ cup of water if you prefer.
Tip: We like to serve our risotto topped with extra parmesan and crisp sage leaves. Simply melt butter in a small frying pan until bubbling and starting to brown. Add a single layer of sage leaves and cook for about a minute, turning halfway through cooking, until crisp.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 pack Pams Finest Mushroom Risotto
- 1 pack Pams Finest Beef Stock, heated with 1 ½ cups water
- 250g Pams Baby Flat Brown Mushrooms
- ½ cup McGuigans Black Label Red Wine
- 70g Pams Walnut Halves, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese (plus a little extra for serving)
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan and tip in the risotto mix. Stir for a minute or so before adding the stock, a little at a time. Cook, stirring, until the rice is tender (this will take about 20 minutes).
- While the risotto is cooking, heat another splash of oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms until just tender. Sprinkle with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over the red wine and allow to bubble and reduce by half.
- Stir the mushrooms, walnuts and parmesan through the cooked risotto and serve immediately.
Makes 3 servings.