Category: Main Meal
8 7 2019
Rich coconut sticky rice is the perfect base to soak up all the fragrant juices from our Asian Style Beef Short Ribs. Add pickled cucumber, black sesame seeds, fresh red chili and some spring onion to really take it to the next level!
Tip: To make your own pickled cucumber, add ½ cup of rice wine vinegar, 1 Tsp salt and 1 Tbsp sugar to a small bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved, then add 1 cup of finely diced cucumber and mix until all the pieces have been coated through the pickling liquid.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 packet Pams Finest Asian Style Beef Short Ribs
- 1 cup Pams Basmati Rice
- 1 tin Pams Coconut Milk
- 1/3 tin water
- Half fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil. Keep the beef short ribs in the bag and submerge in the boiling water for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, wash one cup of rice under cold water until water runs clear. Drain then add the tin of coconut milk, 1/3 tin of water and some salt.
- Bring the rice to the boil, then cover with the lid and leave on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until or the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once done, remove the short ribs from the bag and slice in half on a board. Serve each portion onto a plate with a large spoon of coconut rice.
Makes 2 servings.