16 3 2021
There’s nothing better than a freshly baked scone and these Pear, Date & Ginger Scones put a delicious twist on an old classic. Light and fluffy and packed full of seasonal pears, why not whip up a batch today!
Tip: For an extra flavour kick we love to add ½ a cup of chopped Pams Preserved Ginger to the scone mix.
Tip: Brush the tops lightly with cream and sprinkle with sugar for extra golden scones.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
• ½ cup Pams Dates, chopped
• 2 Pams Pears, diced
• 4 cups Pams Self-Raising Flour
• ¼ cup Pams White Sugar
• 300ml bottle Pams Cream
• 1 cup Pams Dry Ginger Ale
1. Place the flour, sugar, pears and dates in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. Add the cream and ginger ale to the dry ingredients and use two knives to mix into a soft, sticky
dough (keeping the bubbles).
3. Lightly flour the bench and your hands, then tip the dough onto the bench and knead lightly into
a ball. Then gently press the dough out until it is 2cm thick.
4. Using a 6cm round cutter or a clean tin can, cut 12 rounds from the dough and gently place on a
large baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Bake in the oven at 220°C for 15 minutes or until the scones are starting to turn golden and are
cooked through. Leave to cool on a wire rack covered with a clean tea towel.
Makes 12 scones