11 10 2019
A delicious meal idea any night of the week, our riced butternut risotto is silky, creamy and easy to prepare. Pieces of crunchy pear and toasted walnuts add extra bursts of flavour to the rocket and blue cheese salad.
Tip: Candying the walnuts will add some lovely sweetness and crunch to their delicious nutty flavour. Just add an additional 1 tbsp Pams Butter, 4 Tbsp Pams Brown Sugar and a pinch of salt to the pan with the walnuts and stir until the sugar has caramelised and become sticky. Spread out onto some baking paper to cool.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 packet Pams Walnuts
- 1 packet Pams Riced Butternut Risotto with Peas & Asparagus
- 1/2 bag Pams Baby Rocket
- 1/2 pear, sliced
- 1/2 packet Pams Finest Rotoiti Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Drizzle of Pams Balsamic Vinegar
- In a frying pan toast the walnuts on a medium low heat, stirring frequently. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Cook the risotto as per packet instructions.
- In a bowl mix the pear, blue cheese, walnuts, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil together for the salad.
- Divide the risotto and salad and serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.