Category: Main Meal
18 11 2020
This roasted salad dish is an utterly morish addition to your Christmas feast. When blending the ricotta, add some lemon zest and juice, and a generous quarter cup of Pams Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make it extra silky, rich, and smooth.
Tip: For an extra pop of fresh flavour add extra fresh herbs like mint or parsley.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 Pams Organic Pumpkin, around 1kg
- 2 eggplants, sliced into 1.5cm thick rounds
- 70g packet Pams Hazelnuts
- 1 tub Pams Finest Ricotta
- 2 red chillis, finely sliced
- 3 handfuls of fresh basil
- Slice the pumpkin into crescent moon shapes and scoop out the seeds. Brush both sides of the pumpkin with olive oil, season, and place on a baking tray and roast in the oven at 200°C for 40 minutes, or until caramelised and tender.
- Place the eggplant onto another flat baking tray, liberally coating both sides in oil and salt. Bake the eggplant for 30 minutes, or until soft and golden.
- Bake the hazelnuts in an oven-proof dish alongside the pumpkin and eggplant for 10 minutes or until toasted. Remove from the oven, allow to cool then chop into halves.
- Blend the ricotta in a blender or food processor with a good lug of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Layer eggplant and pumpkin on a large serving platter, then spoon over the ricotta mixture. Finish by sprinkling over the hazelnuts, chilli and basil.
Makes 12 side servings as part of the Pams Ultimate Feast Christmas menu